EGG CURRY (KERALA)
This one took us by surprise – get thee to an egg curry!
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 big onions
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 3 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri (or other) chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ coconut milk
- A few curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds
- Add sliced onion, fennel seeds and curry leaves.
- Cook with the pan covered and stir in between till onion turns brown in colour (it takes approx 15-20 min for this to happen but it’s worth the wait!)
- Add sliced tomato and cook till tomato becomes soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add red chilli, Kashmiri chilli, turmeric, coriander, garam masala and cook for 2-3 min.
- Add water and mix. When it starts to boil add the coconut milk and mix well.
- Cut boiled eggs into 2 and add them to the pan.
- Cook with the pan covered in medium flame till it starts boiling and becomes thick.
- Pour 1 tbsp of oil/ghee on the top.
1 comment ›